Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

This week I went to the hospital with what I thought was

Customer Question

Hello, this week I went to the hospital with what I thought was kidney stones as we have a history of these in our family. My symptoms were slightly different in that they started in my side an front . I arrived at the hospital with a pain level of about 8. I was given blood, urine, ultrasound, and x rays. Nothing conclusive was found. I was told that if they were stones they were too small to see and I should pee them out just fine. By the time I left the hospital my pain level was down to a 4 or 5. Now (3days later) I have found a pea sized lump at the very base/ underside of my penis. It is not painful unless I mess with it. The only symptoms are slight: slow to start urinating, slow flow, and the feel that I haven't completely finished urinating when the flow stops.any. P.S. I still have the pain that I originally went to the hospital with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards.
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: That is a tough question,. I am extremely manic depressive. My cycles have been more "broad" as well as more frequent in the past few months. Exercise and diet have suffered.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: ECTs, no gall bladder, no spleen, no appendix, 13 meds a day- mostly psych
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 12 days ago.

Well it seems like a stone precipitating infection of the urinary tract. Urinary hesitency and frequency due to incomplete voiding can be a pointer towards urine infection. Lumps under penis see unrelated to this though. Keep your hydration levels optimum. Take tylenol or diclofenac for pain . If it burns then OTC available AZO would help. A culture or exam of first void midstream urine sample should help with the definitive diagnosis.

hope it answered your query.

Feel free to ask any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing