How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Anil Your Own Question
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9508
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having bleeding from my gums ... what should I do? They

Customer Question

I'm having bleeding from my gums ... what should I do?
JA: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?
Customer: They are bleeding without brushing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Is bleeding persistent?

Are gums swollen,painful?

Do you take any medications or aspirin?
Any pain in the gums or tooth?
Do you smoke?
Any injury to the gums?
Do you wear partials or dentures?

Any medical history?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
40 male
Bleeding is persistent
Not swollen but they have been irritated
No medications or aspirin
No smoking
No injury
No partials or dentures
No medical history
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,A localized lesion or abnormality in the gum itself.

And other possible cause may include inflammatory periodontal disease.

You should do cool compresses with either cold water or putting ice pack on affected area.

You should also use an antibacterial mouth rinse that contains chlorhexidine.

If bleeding is still persistent then see your dentist or visit emergency room ASAP for prompt management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.