The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

I have been experiencing severe coughing related to the

Customer Question

I have been experiencing severe coughing related to the superbloom and now have found out that I have walking puemonia as a result. I have antibiotics and a cough suppressant My abs are super super sore and I handle pain very well now I see bruising on my abdomen which I relate to my coughing and pushing my abs beyond their limit. I am not worried but...wondering if I should be!
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: since 4th of july weekend. went to urgent care this past monday and dx of walking pneumonia followed with antibiotics, a breathing treatment, and cough supp.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope totally blessed with good health rarely get sick ok
Category: Medical
Expert:  The Physician replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com.

I am an Emergency physician with over 25 years multi-disciplinary experience. I am going to be your expert in this question.
However, I would like a few more information from you to help streamline your answer

Do you cough out any phlemn? if so, what color?

Did you have fever?

Do you have shortness of breath?

Ae you taking any other medications for other conditions?

Are you on blood thinners?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been diagnosed with walking pneumonia. I am on an antibiotic since Monday (two days ago). Had a breathing treatment and am taking benzonatate for cough suppression. Phlegm is white which I know probably means viral. I havent felt sick with the exception of a bit of fatigue. My abs feel shredded due to coughing. Coughing less as the result f the benzonatate. I just rarely get sick....have had sever coughing in the past...this is the first time Ive noticed bruising from the coughing.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no fever, bloodthinners, shortness of breath....just pneumonia
lol
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
only asking about the bruising
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
pretty sure its from the coughing

T​he reason I asked I that bruising on the outside, may be due to other factors.

The question I asked were to make sure it is not due to more serious conditions like low platelet, or bleeding disorder whch can be triggered by pneumonia. If these are NOT there , then I would not be worried. However I would still recommend, that if the intensity and quality of cough is NOT improving with the treatment, go back for a review

Thank you for making it Justanswer.com.

Please remember to click the accept button and rate me before you close. If there are any other clarification you would like, please let us know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you so much! I am very body aware so I am not worried. Just thought I'd check. I think it's just normal bruising from the coughing. At least I have a battle wound to share! lol! Godspeed!

It is good to know.

Thanks for making it JA. We try to give the BEST options, for a broader thinking, to get the BEST outcome for our clients. Thanks again