How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Scott Your Own Question
Dr. Scott
Dr. Scott, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Scott is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe I may have a black mold infection in my skin,

Customer Question

I believe I may have a black mold infection in my skin, neck, eyelids
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: A few months now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Good health otherwise
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was getting better when I was away from home but it flares up when I return. Itchy, pink, and was all over my chest and stomach area after I showered and dried myself. We have mold in our shower and that's also where my towel was hanging. I've tried different topical agents but the infection hasn't gone away. Prevelant in the neck folds. My eyelids are scaley like with atopic dermatitis. I suspect mold
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm concerned about what I can use around my eyes. 1-2% hydrocortisone hasn't worked
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Happened after a sunburn when skin was vulnerable
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

Ultimately, you will need to see your doctor to get blood work looking for signs of mold and fungi.

You will also need to find a professional to help clean your house and get rid of the mild.

You may need antifungal medication to help clear up the skin areas.