The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

My fifteen year old daughter has had a temp of 99 to now 102

Customer Question

My fifteen year old daughter has had a temp of 99 to now 102 intermittently for nine days now. Chills, some nausea but no vomiting or diarrhea. We moved to FL two weeks ago from WI. ANY IDEAS ON WHATA FOING ON?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Fever and x chills
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: It's my 15 year old daughter who has had low grade temp and chills for nine days now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She has POTS but nothing else
Category: Medical
Expert:  The Physician replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com. I am an Emergency physician with over 25 years multi-disciplinary experience. I am going to be your expert in this question.
However, I would like a few more information from you to help streamline your answer

Has she taken any medications?

How is her urinary frequency? Any change?

Any abdominal pain/discomfort?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She takes fluvoxamine gabapentin midodrine and fludricortisone daily. No change in urinary or abdominal pain

Chills usually occur in the presence of an infection. They are most often associated with a fever. Chills are caused by rapid muscle contraction and relaxation. They are the body's way of producing heat when it feels cold. Chills often predict an increase in the body's core temperature.

Viral infections such as colds and flu and bacterial infections, such as a urinary tract infections or pneumonia, often cause a fever.​ This is usually associated with other symptoms, but occasionally may be difficult to evaluate.

Fludricortisone is a steroid and has he tendency to wear down our body's ability to fight common infections. That is why as an Emergency physician my recommendation is that you get her to an emergency room so that a comprehensive evaluation is done to determine the source of infection.

Physical examination can reveal any lung lesions, then blood tests and urine test will determine the possibility of occult UTI, or pneumonia. That is important!

Thank you for making it Justanswer.com.

Please remember to click the accept button and rate me before you close. If there are any other clarification you would like, please let us know.