Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I m pregnant for 6 weeks. I have been vomiting for time and…

My name is ***** *****...
My name is ***** ***** I m pregnant for 6 weeks . I have been vomiting for long time and got nausea. It's getting very worse . I went to ob gyn and they prescribed me to take diclegis . And that medicine is really expensive and I can't afford it . Which medicine should I take for nausea and morning sickness ?
7/12/2017
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

We can not prescribe medicine on the site, we answer questions.

I assume you are asking are there cheaper alternatives so you can ask your doctor about this?

Diclegis is the only FDA approved medicine and fully considered safe.

However, there are other medicines that are used that are cheap.

Is this mild nausea or severe nausea?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I m taking emetrol as it was showing in paper but still it doesnt work for me and so worried it might be miscarriage due to lots of vomiting please give me some solution
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's severe nousea
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which medicine should I take for my nausea and good for my health and baby ?instead of diclegis

Other medicines that can be used are

However, these are not considered as safe. They don't have the same safety data that diclegis has.

So talk with your OB carefully about this.

IN addition, perhaps you can call the company that makes diclegis [or your doctor can] and see if there are special discount programs, many times there are.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician