Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What would cause me to always smell exaust? No one else in

Customer Question
house smells it JA: Have you...
What would cause me to always smell exaust? No one else in house smells it
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No the only med I'm on is lisinopril and I'm out of insurance until end of August
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No its been since this past weekend
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
7/13/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Let me just clarify, you are smelling things that are not there.

Correct?

OK

One possibilities is damage to the nasal lining and cells.

An ear nose and throat specialist can determine if this is the case.
Allergies, nasal polyps, etc.

Other possibilities have to do with how the brain processes smell: this can happen with seizure disorders [some would not have other symptoms], brain tumors, etc.

This is a reason to see your doctor, maybe an ENT doctor and maybe a neurologist.

Your primary care doctor can examine you and determine the direction.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Thanks

anytime

Please click a 5 rating, you have to do it manually on the rating scale at the top of the page for me to get full credit with just answer, and this helps me continue to provide my services [and get paid].

Thanks

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician