Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/MS
17287913

What is berets disease? Its a disease related to acid

Customer Question

what is berets disease? Its a disease related to acid reflux JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking? Customer: yes, at first a few doctors thought I had intermittent asthma, but my gastro PA saw me today and he thinks that they are very wrong. JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know? Customer: I have MS relapsing remitting and gerd

Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Medicaldoctor replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to justanswer.

Barrett's esophagus is complication of GERD which stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease. In Barrett's esophagus, normal tissue lining the esophagus which is the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach, changes to tissue that resembles the lining of the intestine.It occurs due to reflux of acidic stomach contents in esophagus.

It is diagnosed by upper GI endoscopy.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Waiting for your response