Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My ck levels have ranged from a seven to an 11 in last few…

Customer Question
My ck levels have...

My ck levels have ranged from a seven to an 11 in last few months now they are concerned why are these levels elevated and the pain not being treated

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Pain from left arm to neck to jawline and at least nine months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really no

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
7/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age and gender?

What is the normal range of CK of your lab?

Female 48
In march was a seven now an eleven elevated with every lab never had this before
Extreme pain in left arm to neck and jaw ekg normal
Pain just now being treated with muscle relaxers
Hell s very littlr
Helps pain very little I meant

The normal range of CK is > or =18 years: 38-176 U/L.

So Just wanted to know the normal range of your lab.

Please see the reference;

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/8336

always been in normal range on any labs evertaken
When I say 11 they mean 11000

Okay.

The 11000 means you have some muscle injury going on. This can be due to;

Hyperthyroidism

Myopathy

Medications

Herbs.

You need to get;

Thyroid function tests if not done.

Muscle biopsy.

Autoimmune panel.

These will diagnose the issue.

Thyroid is good
What medications and muscle biopsy could this be md

Medications like statins can cause the raised muscle enzymes. These are for reducing cholesterol.

A general surgeon can take the muscle biopsy.

Muscle biopsy will they give me anesthesia I don't wanna e awake

Muscle biopsy is done under numbing medication (local anesthesia). It is a minor procedure.

Ok ty

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor