Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Regarding Vitamin D levels, what does 250H mean? Yes, my…

Regarding Vitamin D levels...

Regarding Vitamin D levels, what does 250H mean?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, my endrocronoligist and he had advised me to stop taking Vitamin D. He wants me tested again in four months. This will be my third testing.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He already knows my entire history primarily: hyperparathyroidism and two cases of Cushing's Disease.

7/10/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

That is just the form of vitamin D that was tested

It is called 25 hydroxy (OH) vitamin D.

It is the standard form of vitamin D that is tested in blood

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still can't get my answer

It is called 25 hydroxy (OH) vitamin D.

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor