Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a hard lump on my hair line on the back of my head,

I have a hard...

I have a hard lump on my hair line on the back of my head, near the right ear. its not very big maybe the size of a small grape.i noticed it 2 weeks ago. its doesn't hurt and I don't feel any symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Its hard

its about the length of the tip of my index finger. not really a circle shape. I can only feel it when I turn and position my neck a certain way.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/10/2017
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

Please send a picture.

you cant see it. its under the skin.

This could be a sebaceous cyst (wax filled sac), fibroma (benign growth) lipoma (fatty tumor). It is not in a location where a Lymphoma would form. May I suggest you schedule a visit to your PCP to have it evaluated and if needed drained or removed.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
ok thank you for your help!

You are welcome.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor