Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My husband is experience pain when he thinks he house to go

Customer Question

My husband is experience pain when he thinks he house to go to the bathroom. I gave him a colace yesterday and he has had a bowel movement. Hot baths has also helped. He in sever dementia so stressing at this point. Should I take him to urgent care?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Just yesterday and again today. When he has the urge to go to the bathroom.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He has had polps in the colon which was taken care of in 2012 and he had a clear test 3 months later. With the progression of the Alzheimer's and the Frontotemporal Lobe Dementia, it was not recommended to put him through another colonoscopy. He would not be able to handle it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

HI

We do not treat or diagnose on the site.

We answer questions and I think you are asking could this be something serious, is that what you are asking?