Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have viral arthritis and all the symptoms. What antibiotic

Hi, I have viral arthritis...
Hi, I have viral arthritis and all the symptoms. What antibiotic would need to take to get rid of virus?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Fever 38.8, swelling joints inflamations, pain on tenders and overall, heard to walk special stairs...
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: 1 months, walk in clinic doctor gave me stomac pain pils only
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no the last operations I have was remove of tounsils, in general I'm healthy man
7/4/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Can you please tell me more about what you're calling a viral arthritis?

All the symptoms I have I match with written symptoms that doctors describe. Viral because I have a fever 38.8 degree Celsius and also walk in clinic doctor said so. I learned that could be viral or immune source of my problem. They call it viral.
I need to do blood test first to see what direction should I go to treat myself. I'm from Canada.
My question was what pills or antibiotic would help me get rid of virus?

OK

Is there any rash involved with this?

One spot below knee on shine area 3" diameter. Skin on touch is sensitive, red. Joints are red, ankles, wrists; after 1 month is spreading to my knees and fingers. Starts like small hard spot popping out near joint with red spot on skin. Then just slowly growing. Pain and sensitivity are present all the time.

OK

This is called post-streptococcal reaction where you probably had a streptococcal infection of your throat that wasn't treated with antibiotics. It's bacterial and not viral

You need blood work to include a complete blood count and an antistreptolysin O titer

And to treat this you need a course of ten days of an antibiotic like Amoxicillin or Septra

Please let me know if you need any more information

The tonsils operation I had was 10 years ago, not recently, to be clear. This is not post operation reaction. I was 10 years in good health.
What is an antistreptolysin O titer? Is this part of blood test?

I didn't say it was from your operation and people can still have strep throat without their tonsils

The ASO titer is a check for antibodies against the streptococcal bacteria

Thank you very much I will pass your advice to my doctor.
Regards
Tom

My pleasure Tom and call on me anytime

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor