Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Hypothyroidism tsh .7 GERD Pcos Palpitations with change in

Hypothyroidism tsh .7 GERD PcosPalpitations with change...
Hypothyroidism tsh .7
GERD
PcosPalpitations with change in hr, but considered normal. Clear ekg, chest xray, and holter monitor. Tonight I had a sudden pulsating pain in the vein on the left side of my neck. I can see the beats moving the skin. I have had ingestion, nausea, slight dizziness, headaches, and affected vision the past few days. Is this a cause for an ER trip?
Head will also feel heavy.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/4/2017
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help with your query.A low TSH is a sign of hyperactive thyroid,not hypothyroidism.It would be prudent to discuss this with your PCP/Doctor who can examine you and investigate you further,a full thyroid profile will definitely help.You may need Methimazole(Tapazole) which is a antithyroid medicine and may help normalise the heart.Palpitations,dizziness ,fatigue,irritation,changes in menstrual patterns,and other symptoms.Your doctor will be able to titrate the dose of the Methimazole and there will be reduction in the symptoms within 4-6weeks.You will need to keep the TSH within a normal range,PCOS will need to be managed by your Gynaecologist.A ultrasound of the ovaries and hormone levels will need to be checked and treated.

Is this causing the decline in heart rate?
Resting heart rate went from 67 to 60 inn the matter of seven days. Lowest ever was 60 awake and now 53 awake. It is declining daily and the other symptoms are not going away.

No,this is not the cause of a declining pulse rate.

Are you on any medication currently?You will probably need a Holter Mobile ECG recording for 24 hours to assess you for cardiac arrhythmias.

I take 25 levothyroxine, 10 singulair, flonase sesimist, fish oil, and multivitamins. I just stopped taking aspirin and started taking prozac [email protected]

Prozac induced bradycardia and syncope are well known entities,it would be best to avoid further dose of the drug and seek urgent medical aid/ER if dizziness or fainting occurs.

I just started it again today, this has been gaining for a week. I'm freezing and fell so nauseas all the time. I can't even sleep I feel so crummy.

If you feel really bad,go to the ER ASAP.

Doctor,I went to the ER at about 5 am but since I was just in Friday, they only did an ekg which was normal. The doctor said that he's convinced that it's a thyroid issue and disagreed with his partner on the number of .7 being alright. He then told me that they can't run a full panel there and to check in with my endocrinologist which I did Monday morning and did not get a response. He gave me medicine for my nauseas while I was there which helped immensely.This morning, I woke up late and my stomach still hurts so I took some Miralax around one. It's now about two thirty in the afternoon and I forgot to take my levothyroxine this morning. Is it safe to take it now? I question whether or not to take it as the dosage of 25 seems too high with my symptoms but I don't want to cut off during these episodes.

Yes,you can take your Levothyroxine later in the day if you forgot to take it in the morning. 25 micrograms is the lowest possible dose,and should be taken regularly without fail.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor