Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have scieate nerve that the pain wont go away. Dr has

Customer Question
I have scieate...

I have scieate nerve that the pain wont go away. Dr has given me shots for the pain but it doesent go away completely he has suggested a nerve block. im not surs what it is

Doctor's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

I have a scieatic nerve that i cant seeme to get relief.Dr has suggested a nerve block i don't know what it does

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I saw my DR yesterday he has segested a nerve block and in not sue what it does he gave me a shot don't know what it was. ...im taking promethazine 25mg, Percocet 5/325mg. i will start tomorrowLyrica 75mg capsules, methylprednisolone 4 mg

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Yes penicillin and keflex

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Im a diabetic , high blood pressur arthritic

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described suggests the possibility of nerve root compression like compression of sciatic nerve.Sciatica is generally caused by the compression of lumbar nerves L4 or L5 or sacral nerves. Any compromise of the nerve space in the spinal column can lead to compression of the nerve endings.This occurs because of lumbar radiculopathy,spinal disc herniation,wear and tear, or injury or degeneration of the discs.

By nerve block your doctor means nerve root compression also called as pinched nerve.

First, you'll probably need at least a few days of bed rest while the inflammation goes away.Approximately 80% to 90% of patients with sciatica get better over time with rest.

As you are prescribed with promethazine 25mg, Percocet 5/325mg & lyrica from tomorrow, these are drug of choice.I advise you to please take it as prescribed & your pain will get subside completely in a time of few days to few weeks.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?