Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Bruising. I've been finding bruises on my arms and legs with…

Bruising. I've been finding bruises...
Bruising. I've been finding bruises on my arms and legs with no known cause? Should I be worried and get something checked out with a doctor?
6/30/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have these bruises?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

There can be various reasons of unexplained bruises.

The most common causes of unexplained/unknown bruises are:deficiencies in vitamins B12, C, K and folic acid can result in tissue or blood vessel weakness resulting in easy bruising,diabetes,side affect of certain medication,liver diseases like cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, platelet disorders.

You need to Ice the area on and off. Put ice in a plastic bag, wrap the bag in a towel.Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the ice pack in a towel.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore limits bleeding into the skin and reduces the size of the bruise.

There is nothing serious or dangerous about these bruises but yes,you need to get it checked by your doctor.So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I'm 49 yr old female. For past 2 weeks I've been finding them.Usually I don't even know its there until I touch the spot and find a bump or soreness so it. But don't remember hitting it.
Example, today my thigh hurt a little bit in one spot and when I looked I noticed a small bruise.
Would the soreness or small bump indicate injury over deficiency?

Yes,you need to get blood tests & clinical examination to find out the underlying cause of these bruises.

Despite how they feel,bruises are not typically cause for concern.They will get resolve by itself within few days.

The first thing you need is to have blood tests & ultrasound scan so as to know the exact cause. zinc and folic acid or vitamin C supplements help prevent easy bruising.

As you are having it since last 2 weeks & on multiple sites on arms and legs with no known cause,so this is unlikely to be due to any injury.

Most probably & most likely this is due to deficiency as explained above.

So please consult your doctor for tests & examination so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Thank you.
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor