Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

In 43. Have been diagnosed with ms for 7 years not had a…

Hi. In 43. Have...

Hi. In 43. Have been diagnosed with ms for 7 years not had a problem with it thankfully. But this last year I have high cholesterol. On statins. High blood pressure. 179/103. Drs ignoring this. Pain in left arm sometimes chest which partner gives me an aspirin for. Had an ecg all clear. Severe upper abdominal pain worse than labour. Drs are checking for ulcers or that h pyroli bug. But my mum had strokes at my age so I am getting very concerned that something is going on with my body.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes my mum has all the same chloestral blood pressure and fibromyalgia.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had my gallbladder out about 4 years ago. But still get the severe upper abdominal pain

6/29/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

So have you actually had tests and studies to evaluate the abdominal pain?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to give a still sample and have an x Ray This pain has been for about 4 years. They removed my gallbladder telling me it was that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Stool sample.

How often to you get the pain and how long does it last?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Every other day. Lasts about 40mins to an hour. And it's severe

Right in the middle of your upper abdomen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just at the start of the ribs

And does it ever radiate into your back?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No never.

Have you had blood work to check for your amylase and lipase levels and have you had a ct scan of the abomen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had my bloods done last week. All that was wrong was vit d and creatine I think it was. They don't tell you what they are checking for.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have never had a ct scan. I had an ultra scan when they told me I needed my gallbladder removed

OK

Unless they checked the amylase and lipase my first though here would be pancreatitis

It possibly could be a peptic ulcer but it would take upper endoscopy to detect that

The final possibility could be severe irritable bowel syndrome and that is a diagnosis of exclusion--made only when other possibilities are ruled out

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm more along the lines of an ulcer. I thought this when they said it was my gallbladder. I will see what the stool test and X-ray pick up if Anything. He has put me in ranitidine tablets. Like now. I have a dull pain in my shoulder radiating down my left arm my bp is very high. Cd they all be connected

No the shoulder and arm pain wouldn't be connected

And that doesn't sound cardiac--more like a nerve root compression from a disk problem in your neck so I would get a cervical MRI scan to check for that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am so worried I will follow in my mums footsteps and have a stroke. She was my age when she had her first one. Drs just say no it's your ms. They won't do anything. The ms gets the blame for everything when I know it's nothing to do with that. Arm feels like it's go an elastic band round the top.

They say what's just your MS?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Every pain or symptom I get that I need to see a dr for. Take this tablet it's just your ms.

I understand

But for now is there any more information you might need from me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No that's fine. I will let you know what the next tests reveal. If anything. Many thAnks.

Be sure to keep in touch

And for now please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you