Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My daughter (3) vomited a few times last weds- part of which

ended up on me. I'm...
My daughter (3) vomited a few times last weds- part of which ended up on me. I'm a 32 year old woman. Earlier today, I started getting stomach pains. They have continued through the day and night along with nausea. The nausea has gotten pretty bad, but no vomiting yet. I started panicking in the car because I could feel my heart rate was high (around 100). I checked my blood pressure (former nurse) and it was 125/86, which is high for me. Should I be concerned or is a high bp normal when sick?
6/20/2017
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have headache or a skin rash ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I have a slight headache and no skin rash

Do you have neck stiffness ?

No neck stiffness. I started with some slight intermittent arm and back aching 2 hrs ago. No shortness of breath or trouble breathing. It's not uncommon for Me to get those aches, either.

It is normal to have a slight raised blood pressure when one is sick . There is nothing to worry as you do not have any of these dreaded signs of illness like a skin rash nor neck stiffness.

Blood pressure of 125/86 is not alarming and is perfectly fine .

I would suggest you to drink water in sips , keep yourself hydrated , take an anti acidity medication like Ranitidine and also get a good rest for a day or 2 .

You can take an otc tylenol if you are getting body ache or feeling feverish.

Okay, thank you. These symptoms are not indicative of a heart issue/attack?

No , these are not signs of heart issue attack

heart attack / heart issue is associated with:

persistent chest pain

sweating tremendously

persistent palpitations

I have released the rating service application on your page .

Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin

If you Agree with what I have mentioned, would you like me to release the rating service application on your page so you can leave me a feedback for my opinion provided

Hello

Please do let me know if you still have your concern. I am awaiting a message from you .

I would be happy to help you

Regards

Dr Pravin

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician