Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am a 24 male, and i have spots on my legs and groin area,

Hi, I am a 24 male...
I am a 24 male, and i have spots on my legs and groin area, they are sore and bleed and cause a discomfort while trying to sleep,
I dont know what they are and i am nervous about seeing a doctor, can you give me some advice on what i can do to help them go away?
6/19/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

i have sent you one
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

thanks for submitting the photos.

it looks like you have shaved yourself down there

are those areas itching? excessive sweating and moisture there can cause a skin fungal infection which can be itchy and sore and can bleed

a bacterial skin infection can cause folliculitis infection of the hair follicles if you used a dirty razor and can cause a skin bacterial infection.

There were spots already there and i thought that shaving might help?
I rather message if thats ok?

shaving can cause more skin irritation and sometimes can spread folliculitis bacterial infection of the hair follicles.

are those areas itchy?

do you have excessive sweating and moisture in the area?

They are itchy, and yes, i have tried to change my underwear to cotton because i have read that it can help?

I think you have a skin fungal infection.

excessive moisture can lead to skin itchy jock itch and fungal infections in the groin area

using Johnsons and Johnsons Corn Starch baby powder in the area can keep the skin dry

also you can use antifungal powders and sprays like Tinactin, Mycelex, clotrimazole, Nystatin powders and sprays 2-4 times a day for 3-4 weeks to help fight jock itch groin fungal infections.

yes, wearing dry cotton underwear is good.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician