Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

What surgical method would be used to clean the arthritis in

Customer Question

what surgical method would be used to clean the arthritis in the shoulder joint.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes,Meloxicam15mgbpi
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. There are 3 surgical procedures that are commonly used if medical treatment has failed.

​Shoulder Joint Replacement (total shoulder arthroplasty).Replacing the whole shoulder with an artificial joint is usually done to treat arthritis of the glenohumeral joint.

Replacement of the head of the humerus, or upper arm bone (hemiarthroplasty). This option, too, is used to treat arthritis of the glenohumeral joint.

Removal of a small piece of the end of the collarbone (resection arthroplasty). This option is the most common surgery for treating arthritis of the AC joint and associated rotator cuff problems. After the removal of the end of the bone, the space fills with scar tissue.

The exact type of surgery would be determined by the Orthopedic surgeon depending on the exact problem.

I hope I has addressed your concerns.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Any additional thoughts, questions?