Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a golf ball size lump just under where both my rib

Customer Question

I have a golf ball size lump just under where both my rib cages meet. In between, directly in the center of my sternum. Is this normal?
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: Hard
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've been sick pretty much my entire life. Asthma, endometriosis, kidney stones, arthritis... recently my blood pressure has been a little high every time I see a doc and that's at least once or twice a week
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have also had rib pain for quite a few months. I was told I had costochondritis but it doesn't seem to be getting much better. I have slight pain to the left of the lump in my rib cage. Kind of just over my heart. That lump hurts only if I push on it. Also my eye has been twitching it for over a week now straight.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My ribs are very tender just about the lump and around the back where my kidneys are
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

When did this lump develop?

Do you have any other symptoms like weight loss, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting?

Is the lump mobile under the skin?

What is your age and gender?

Let me know.