Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am having pain in the lower part of my abdomen across my

Customer Question
lower stomach. both sides...
I am having pain in the lower part of my abdomen across my lower stomach. both sides. Plus I am slightly dizzy and disoriented with a headache. Have had the slight headache for over a week and been slightly dizzy. Just don't feel right. I am 74 years old and usually in good health.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: The headache is there all of the time but not passed a 4 on the pain scale. Occasional nausea. I take Toporol for headaches and haven't missed a pill.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: On June 8 I had cortisone shots in my hand for trigger finger. I believe I have had a reaction to cortisone before but each time I bring it up the doctors say that is not possible. I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder several years ago and had chest pains after so have always said the cortisone was the cause.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
6/16/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 5 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these issues.

pain in your lower pelvis could be due to constipation or diarrhea or foods you have eaten or gas pains or diverticulosis or other causes.

cortisone shots can cause poor sleep, increased aggitation, increased appetite, short temperness

but usually would not cause lower abdominal pains.

did the cortisone shot help with the trigger finger?

Family Physician, Doctor