Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm 70 yrs old and divorced 13 yrs. I have met and been with

Customer Question

I'm 70 yrs old and divorced 13 yrs. I have met and been with the most unbelievable woman 63 yrs old. she follows and believes in only holistic medicine. I've been with her for 18 months and my problem of adhd is surfacing. My region of health care uses a system known as mychart where I communicate after doc appt. with all areas of my health. I have ignored the medication I used to take for adhd because my honey is nosy and would find out and problems could arise. I'm struggling a lot with the usual problems with driving, poor organizational skills, irritations that most people would not have. She asks if the honeymoon stage is over and what to expect in the future. I have not discussed my adhd because she totally against any drugs legal or otherwise. I don't want to lose her but feel I will if I cant get help. I took Adderall, the generic most , prior meeting her. can you help?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I'm not allergic to any medications. I take only over the counter vitamins and minerals. Of course no prescribed medications. I do sneak a Tylenol PM for sleep.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm a healthy senior citizen that runs 2 to 3 miles 3 times. If I didn't have this awful nerve racking problem in my life, I would say I'm an exceptional older person
JA: I'm the Doctor's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: How can and if you can help is our relationship private. I will not ask my GM for help because its goes on mychart.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 months ago.

If you're not able to discuss this with this unbelievable woman, I'm afraid there is not much hope for your relationship. As you know, adhd is real and can be a serious problem for many people.

There are holistic treatments for adhd, and perhaps you would be willing to try them See here https://www.additudemag.com/natural-treatments-for-adhd-in-adults/

Assuming that this woman truly cares for you, she will want you to get help for your adhd. Perhaps holistic treatment can be very helpful. But if not, then Adderall or similar medications usually are. But you have to talk to her about it. Best wishes to you both.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The older a person gets the more undisclosed secrets one keeps, especially about health. I felt I could not disclose my problem I have had most of my adult life. I researched at great length to find a remedy that would solve my adhd problem and everything I tried did not work.I reached out to your service and found your answer to be rude and condiscenting. Thanks for nothing

I'm sorry. I do not mean to be rude or condescending. My only aim was to help.

I will opt out. Perhaps another expert may be able to help better.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello. This is Dr. Love.

What information would be helpful?