Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My 8 year old son woke up this morn j g with intense pain in

Customer Question

My 8 year old son woke up this morn j g with intense pain in his stomach right under his belly.button. He is.vomiting and has diarrhea. No fever. He is vomiting up what looks like phlegm mainly.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Yes he is vomiting and has diarrhea and intense stomach pain in his belly under the belly button
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. He takes no medications and.is not allergic go anything that I know od
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 4 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Any fever?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No fever

Is he still having the intense abdominal pain?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He had a popsicle and he could not keep it down. It was only a few minutes until he vomited again.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is pointing to an area right above (about 2 inches above )his penis under his belly button as the area that is hurting. Sharp intense pains he says
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He said the pain stops after he vomits but then it comes back when he has to use the bathroom again and it is watery dark.diarrhea.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was thinking maybe appendicitis but I don't think the place he is hurting is where.it would be if that is what it was.

OK

While this might be a viral gastroenteritis that will run its course in a few days I'm very concerned about the abdominal pain since this may be appendicitis

And the fact that he isn't able to hold anything down means he'll get dehydrated soon

So basically he needs to see a doctor now and I would start with an exam, blood work and a ct scan of the abdomen

Obviously if it's appendicitis he'll need an operation right away

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
His diarrhea.is like mud really dark and not clear with pieces of feces in it. I will take him to the local Dr.

He may also have a bacterial enteritis that will require antibiotics

Please let me know how it goes