Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I took 2 mucinex 1200 mg each totally by mistake - I thought

I took 2 mucinex 1200 mg each totally by mistake - I thought they were Tylenol sinus tablets. After few hours noticed my sinus headache still there and looked at the pack and couldn't believe I did that. Never taken Mucinex before - it was my son's. I feel fine, but wondering if I should be concerned. Also my sinus headache is bad - can I take Tylenol sinus with Mucnex or should I wait.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Very infrequent associated w/ allergies. Last time was probably 4 weeks ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

An adult can take up to 2.4 gm of mucinex in a day. But not more than this. So, without any symptoms you should not be concerned about this. You have not take a toxic dose but a dose that can be taken rarely by a few patients when required.

You can take only Tylenol for the headache, and should avoid Tylenol sinus if it contains guaifenesin.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

You are welcome!!
Glad that I could help.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you.