Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have lower back pain right before I have a I incontinent

Customer Question

I have lower back pain right before I have a BM I incontinent as well. I am now seeing a chiropractor and will try to see a neurologisit
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Yes, I had a severe fall back in 2005 on my job. I slipped on a wet rug onto a regular rug stretching my turso out of place all the was down to the floor I was in a split you would have to see it I can't explain it like the fall actually happened and have been incontientence since then. I thought it was my knee, but the pain was coming from my lower back as well. I was treated sciatia nerve as well as a torn manisca knee tear.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am a diabetic. I do know that this can be reversible. It has before. When under stress I have the tendency to eat wrong foods
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Incontinence is caused by the loss control ove the anal sphincter. They are supplied by the nerves coming from the lower spine namely sacral region.

Fall must have caused damage to the spine there resulting in nerve compression and subsequent damage.

You need to get a MRI scan of the lower spine to assess the extent damage.

Surgical option may be available following the MRI scan.

Medications like loperamide, and amitriptyline can be tried to help with bowel control.

Did you have any MRI scan yet?