Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I'm in a retreat doing a detox program for the past 3 days.

Customer Question

Hi. I'm in a retreat doing a detox program for the past 3 days. I did an enema in the early morning of each of the three days (first day with water, following days with weak mixture of coffee and water). Last night after dinner I started feeling some pain (constant pain, different from cramps) in my lower left abdominal region (very low, descending from my left hip crease and deep towards my groin). I woke up this morning without pain, but it returned after the enema, and it has been constant ever since. They told me is very likely stools trapped in the colon, that must come out. I'm just scared I might have done some damage to my colon wall with the enema, or that I have some inflammation. I'd also like to rule out the possibility of my iliopsoas muscles or tendons being inflamed, as I'm a yoga teacher and yesterday I did a long session of hard core and hip exercises. However my mobility of the left hip is just fine, and I don't feel more or less pain with any specific movement or position , it's just constantly there.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: the pain has been going on for about one day. Apart from that I've also been extremely bloated throughout the whole 3 days of the detox program. The diet consists mainly of cooked vegetables, juices, quinoa and papaya, but I'm also taking a bentonite clay and psyllium husks every morning for the past 3 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm lactose intolerant, I've been travelling over 3 months with very little control over my diet, so had a few incidents with eating dairy inadvertently and having a reaction, after which my intestine persisted irritated for a few days. I also have its symptoms on and off, mainly consisting in bloating. one and a half months ago after being in India and having symptoms like bloating and cramps, I went to the doctor who diagnosed me with bacteria or parasite, and I've been treated with metronidazol 400mg for 7 days (twice a day)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How old are you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm 32 years old, femals
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm 32 years old, female
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I forgot to mention I'm also experiencing some diziness(little), nausea (very little) and sleepness after the meals. This only happenelope today

I'm concerned you are developing diverticulitis

I think you need to see a doctor in person

Thanks for this questionI strive for 5 star service for all customers.If you have more questions, just reply.