Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a 23 year old son who was a smoker of 8 years he's

Customer Question
hi my name is *****...
hi my name is ***** ***** have a 23 year old son who was a smoker of 8 years he's now stopped smoking but reckons has difficulty in breathing we blamed it on stress but X-ray showed he has slight inflammation in the lungs doctor reckons its from asthma but he's never been dignosed with it and he gave him meds that people take with COPD does e have it wrong
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: we stopped the first lot of meds after 2 weeks and saw another doctor who put him on seretide 250 2 puffs a day and somac 40 one tablet daily
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing at all
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
6/16/2017
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello Mazina and welcome to just answer.I'm happy to consult you today.

Smoking can lead to inflammatory changes in the lungs but if the person quits smoking,these changes are indeed reversible and lungs function returns back to normal.

For breathing difficulty,seretide inhaler is very useful as its bronchodilator

somac is for the relief of heart burn symptoms.

COPD is very rare in 23 years old person,it effects people in 4th or 5th decades.COPD symptoms[chronic productive cough for most days in a 3 month period for 2 consecutive years] usually begin after at least 20 pack-years of tobaccos exposure.

Smoking affects lungs function and for these symptoms of difficulty breathing,Seretide inhaler is very useful.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK,I'LL BE GLAD TO ANSWER

Family Physician, Doctor