Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Can Zoloft cause really bad acid reflux? I'm on day 3 and I

Customer Question

Can Zoloft cause really bad acid reflux? I'm on day 3 and I can't sleep at night and it's giving me this horrible acid reflux. Also makes me nervous.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I also take xanax with Zoloft or are there interactions ?
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you had been waiting for sometime so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually Zoloft can CERTAINLY cause acid reflux as it is a KNOWN side effect of the drug. Infact it is such a common side effect that it has been reported in upto 10% of the patients who use this drug. The good news here is that the acid reflux settles down once zoloft is stopped OR if you are started on medications to control the reflux such as OTC prilosec which can be very effective here.

Regarding your second question, NO there are NO drug interactions between zoloft and xanax and you can certainly use them together.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/