Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Only water no stool regularly todays and very weak now my

Customer Question

Good evening sir
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: only water no stool regularly todays and very weak now my mother please help
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: before 3 days she take a fast
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Is she having any vomiting or nausea besides diarrhea?

Any pain in abdomen?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described about your mother of having only water no stools/watery stools is most likely suggestive of a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu. Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.

Following is recommended for her now:

- Take tab. Loperamide to stop the diarrhea/loose stools/watery stools.

All these medications are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help her greatly.If still the symptoms persists,then she need to go to ER as tests & antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly. Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Do not forget to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
from 3 days my mother age 60y she suffering from fever and only water stool but today take some plane slain till now not stop the watery stool.todays she goes 6 time.ok sir I try to suggest your suggestion .thank you
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Don’t give her solid diet.Let her stomach rest for few hours after food poisoning., Start with liquid diet.Gradually increase the amount of liquid .Try clear liquids such as flat ginger ale or white soda, broths, popsicles, or apple juice. These will provide an oral source of fluids that are easily absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract.If clear liquids are tolerated, she can start to introduce solid foods.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh