Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE BELLS PALSY IS IT A BACTERIAL OR VIRAL INFECTION. THE…

Customer Question
I HAVE BELLS PALSY...

I HAVE BELLS PALSY IS IT A BACTERIAL OR VIRAL INFECTION

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

YES

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

THE REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE I WAS INSTALLING TOILET SEATS AT MY JOB AND THEY WERE AUTOMATIC FLUSH TOILETS AS I WAS INSTALLING THEM THE TOILETS WERE FLUSHING IN MY FACE THREE DAYS LATER IN HAVE BELLS

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

SINCE 3/26

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
6/15/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 year ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Bell's palsy can be due to herpes simplex infection. It can also be caused by following;

1) herpes zoster,

2) Lyme disease,

3) syphilis,

4) Epstein-Barr viral infection,

5) cytomegalovirus.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor