Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Severe pain in chest for 5 mins. some pain in teeth but then

Customer Question

severe pain in chest for 5 mins. some pain in teeth but then I had diaffhea.
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: No my breathing was fine yes I have had severe pains in my chest before and in my teeth.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have always been fine. apart from high blood pressure about 10 years ago. but that stopped after I changed my diet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have any of these risk factors;

1) stress and sedentary life style

2) peripheral vascular disease (claudication); pain in calves on walking,

3) previous stroke or family history of stroke,

4) heavy smoking,

5) high blood pressure,

6) diabetes,

7) high cholesterol, and

8) a family history of heart disease

9) over weight

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Male 49 years old
I am a MD so it can get stressful
No disease
No stroke in the family
No smoker
High blood pressure but that was over 10 years ago , change of diet and life style changed that.
Not diabetis that I know off? none in the family
Low cholesterol.
May mother had Angina.
I am over weight for sure . 109 KG 5 FEET 11 INCHES

You have some risk factors. Your pain was severe and if followed by bowel motion, which is not uncommon with heart issues (as vagus is the common nerve). So an evaluation by an EKG, troponin test and an echocardiography is mandatory for this chest pain.

Esophageal spasm can be the other possibility of the diagnosis but one need to take lot of caution and an high index of suspicion for this pain.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.