A lot of research has been done on this as it is a common complaint amongst persons that receive kidney transplant.
Fatigue after transplantation has also already been described by researchers and they noted that a lot has to do with
- Low oxygen carrying capacity of the blood due to low HB
- Weight gain from anti rejection medications which includes steroids.
- Lack of exercise and hence low muscle conditioning.
- Depression and excessive avoidance of activity due to fear
- Interaction of medications you are taking
So my advise is that you start a rehabilitation program that is comprehensive.
Starting with your hemoglobin level. Do blood tests for Thyroid function, Vit B12 and Vit D3 blood levels
Make sure your HB is at 12 and above,
begin a psycho-social rehabilitation by doing something that excites you.
Exercise as you can tolerate. From 10 minutes a day, but persevere every day until you see your stamina improve, do small weight lift etc
Let your physician streamline your meds by optimizing the doses and reducing the types
Join a discussion group of persons with transplant to exchange ideas
Thank you for making it Justanswer.com.
Please remember to click the accept button and rate me before you close.
If there are any other clarification you would like, please let us know.