Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is 25 and she has been getting "panic attacks"

My daughter is 25...

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

She says she gets the shakes and her eyes twitch and her ears hurt and her swallowing food becomes difficult

6/13/2017
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's symptoms.

Shaking and twitching, panic attacks can be due to the underlying medical conditions.
Hyperthyroidism or excess thyroid hormone in the body is a common cause.
Pheochromocytoma or tumor in the sympathetic chain or adrenal glands can cause excess catecholamines.
Seizure disorder is another possibility as well.

Serum TSH, free T4, plasma free metanephrine levels, and a brain EEG should be ordered at the least.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist