Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My friend has got viral meningitis and she drank from my…

Customer Question
Hi my friend has...

Hi my friend has got viral meningitis and she drank from my water bottle yesterday. I have just googled a few things and wondering wether I will get it. I'm supposed to be going to QLD in a couple of days to see an Auntie and wondering if I should go?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't as I've just found out and its 7.30 at night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I'm relatively healthy

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 year ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

The risk is too tiny, even if you have drink water from the same bottle.

Viral meningitis virus does not have very high virulence thus it will not catch each and every individual coming across it. Also your body resistance play an high role. All of us go in market places, clubs, public places-malls etc where people have all type of organisms, but we do not catch them all due to the low virulence of the organisms and our high immunity.

You may go to your Auntie.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.