Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I'm experiencing weakness, numbness and tingling in my

Customer Question

I'm experiencing weakness, numbness and tingling in my fingers. I do have some arthritis here but this the severity is getting more pronounced. I do have a brace I wear on the right wrist, which is the worst-I am right handed, at times when it is particularly painful. Should I seek consultation and with whom?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Good health - I cannot connect the symptoms with specific activity. I am now caring for my 4 month old granddaughter.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I retired about 16 months ago. I did see a orthopedic surgeon about the wrist > a year ago - he ordered the brace. The left wrist has now become more painful, too. With the numbness, I flex my fingers, roll a ball, etc. as I have seen on Mayo Clinic site for arthritis in hands, wrists.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 4 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Is this just in your right hand? And which fingers are involved?