Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there a limitless pill, Adderall, synthroid, verapamil,

Is there a limitless...

Is there a limitless pill

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Adderall, synthroid, verapamil, bumetanide, rosuvastatin, lisinopril, spironolactone, and bystolic. thats quite a lot. the adderall is doing nothing for my brain flg

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Was on 2 antidepressants but weened my self off. Overweight, have no energy. Except when I drink coffee.

6/6/2017
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Could you clarify what you mean by your question?

Just wanted to know if there was such a pill that could help with my problem, because ADHD med don't seem to do any good. I hare been trying different meds for about 2 years. It is getting very frustrating.

Have you been tried on anything for the ADHD besides the Adderall?

adderall, adderall XR, concerta, strattera, vyvanse, wellbutrin XL

You have already been tried on all the medicines that have clearly been shown to help ADHD in adults. There is no medicine that works in every patient, but you have been tried on all the medicines that have been shown to help a significant number of patients in clinical studies.

There are a couple medicines that have some preliminary evidence that they may help and which have not yet been tried for you, such as buspirone and aripiprazole.

The other options at this point is to try various combination treatments, either as combination of medicines that work by different mechanisms or to also use psychologic interventions. There is no good evidence to support one combination treatment over another, but we typically try to use whichever medicines may have had a slight benefit.

If you have had no benefit from any of the medicines that have been shown to help ADHD in clinical studies, it also would be appropriate to reconsider the diagnosis. It may not be responding because another condition may be present. Repeating a diagnostic evaluation may be appropriate.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Is there any kind of supplements that might help?

There is no good evidence that supplements help ADHD in adults. There is some preliminary evidence that magnesium supplementation may help, but for someone taking thyroid and blood pressure medicines, magnesium supplementation should only be considered with monitoring of blood levels.

Although there is no evidence for other supplements, supplements that can be considered include vitamin B6, L-carnitine, zinc, chamomile, and gingko

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Ok, I want to thank you got your input. I will, at my next appointment, discuss the other meds you suggested and maybe a combination of 2.
Thanks again!
Dr. D. Love, Doctor