Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Well they both show up Separately. I'm prescribed vyvanse…

Well they both show...

Well they both show up Separately

Doctor's Assistant: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?

I'm prescribed vyvanse and have been taking it regularly And had a drug test today come-back positive for meth So they sent it off to the lab. I have not been using methamphetamine I'm wondering if they'll be able to See that I've been taking both medications

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

They took a urine sample and did a stick test that showed a false positive for meth . So They bottled it up and sent it to a lab for testing

I'm sorry I just reviewed the question and Notice that I didn't Ask it correctly .
What I'm concerned about is this , I am prescribed vyvanse and have been taking it regularly But I also took some adderall this weekend . Today I Took a probation urine sick test that Came back-a fault positive For methamphetamine So they bottled it up and sent it to a lap . What i'm wondering is will they be able to tell I've been taking both medications ?
6/5/2017
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. Unfortunately both medication will test positive for methamphetamines. May I suggest you make a copy of your prescription/bottle containing the vyvanse and present that to the agency who performed the test. You do not need to inform them that you took anything other than the prescribed vyvanse. Since you have been prescribed this medication, if it shows in your drug test, legally you are permitted to be positive for this drug.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
This is my Issue ....Probation already is well-aware of the fact that I'm prescribed Vyvanse . I'm not worried about my medication showing up as meth , What I am concerned with is since I also Took adderall this weekend And they're sending it to a lab , Are they going to see That I have been taking both different Medications ? Will the Test results be specific enough to list both types of amphetamine , Like will they be able to say he has both vyvanse and adderall In his system or not?

The test will only indicate methamphetamine. It will not distinguish between the type (2 medications) of drug. You should be very safe!

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor