Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son is in the Veteran emergency room he has a headache…

My son is in...

My son is in the Veteran emergency room he has a headache along with high blood pressure. his blood pressure comes down buthe still have these headaches along with throwing up. he have not eaten in two days. he had a scat scan that was normal, what else could cause severe headaches

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes there a history of very high hypertension runs in the family. I have it and so those my 4 children. My son also had meningitis about 5 years ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Maigraine also the family history

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/22/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Has he ever had a problem like this before?

Has he been checked for something called a pheochromocytoma--an adrenal gland tumor that secretes adrenalin?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have $50 right now so if I can get anything that the his Doctor can try?

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

But what about the pheochromocytoma?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is pheochromocytoma?

As I said--an adrenal tumor that secretes adrenaline and causes a sudden surge in blood pressure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is helpful let me ask his Doctor about it

OK--he needs the following test--urine metanephrines and a ct scan of his abdomen

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you that was helpful

Call on me anytime