Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

This is in regards to my 81 years dad who is other wise

Hi
This is in regards ***** ***** 81 years dad who is other wise healthy and well. He travelled to India two months ago and did lot of going up and downstairs and exertion there. When He came back , he had swollen feet and ankle with left foot swollen more than the right. Both the feet cam back to normal after some time. But today I noticed that t his left foot is still mildly swollen. He is other wise fine. He says there is no pain but I am not sure since he sometimes does not tell me everything as he doesnot want to go to doctors sometimes. I have set up an appointment anyways for Monday. Can you please advise.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is there an expert there?

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sorry about the delay.

travel, salty diet, excessive time of the feet, hot weather can all cause swelling of the ankle and legs in older patients.

that is good his feet came back to normal after coming back.

that is good he has an appointment with his doctor on Monday.

what questions do you have?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My question is - can it be DVT.
BTW- he eats quite healthy and he is ok for his age.
Its been 2 months since he came back from India.
The thing is that it is only one foot swollen. So worried about DVT? Can it be that.

DVT swelling in the legs and feet would not get better over time once he came back from the trip.