Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I've not felt well since yesterday, woke up with laryngitis…

I've not felt well...

I've not felt well since yesterday, woke up with laryngitis and now have a temp of 95.7. Should I be concered

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Loss of appetite, severe exhaustion, had a cough yesterday, but today it's very difficult to cough

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Just a sudden onset yesterday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm hypothyroid, I take synthroid and cytomel

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/17/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What's making you not feel well?

Any symptoms besides the laryngitis and by that you mean you're hoarse?

I've been severely fatigued in the last few weeks!
No other, yes I have completely lost my voice just over night
My temp is running 95.7, always cold

OK

The laryngitis by itself isn't anything worrisome--usually just a viral problem that soon resolves

But with your low temperature and the continuing fatigue you may not be on a sufficient dosage of the synthroid and cytomel and you need to have your TSH level checked

Please let me know if you need any more information

Ok..thank you

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor