Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have frequent headaches sometimes severe but mostly kept

Customer Question

Hi I have frequent headaches sometimes severe but mostly kept under control with advil. They always follow with very strong sense of wanting to vomit. I get weak, light headed, cannot concentrate at work, sensitive to light, shaky. At times I force myself to puke just to get through the day without the sense of wanting to vomit and this usually clears away all the sumotoms
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: symptoms*
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: They are episodic
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have such headaches?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am a 28 year old female. I have suffered with headaches since age 8 but it seems they are not as strong as they used to be when I was younger. I can't focus at work mostly because of the symptoms that follow the headache. The pain is usually on one side of my head mostly in the sinus area... today it is right above my right eye on the forehead and a little on the right side of my nose.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having episodic,frequent headaches with severe nausea & sensitivity to light is most likely due to migraine headache.It is a form of vascular headache and is by high stress periods,hormonal changes,irregular sleep,food habits,bad lifestyles etc..There can be various triggering agents.

Another possibility is of that it can be mixed tension migraine that is a headache with features of both tension(stress)and migraine headaches.Stress is an important causative factor of such headaches.

Also this can be due to cluster headache.

Although your headache is controlled with advil,but for complete treatment you need Triptans such as sumatriptan (Imitrex), rizatriptan (Maxalt). The triptan with the longest history of use is sumatriptan (Imitrex). Also your doctor might prescribe you the medications that can prevent the migraine attack.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor for clinical examination to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.we only get after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh