Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I took a 500 mg Norco at 5pm for a severe headache and

Customer Question

I took a 500 mg Norco at 5pm for a severe headache and without thinking I then took a 3mg linesman at 8pm for sleep. I am afraid to go to sleep. Can this be fatal?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Lunesta
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Once in awhile I have a severe migraine. I don't take the norco normally ever.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm 61 years old, I have hypertension and am on 25mg motoporol.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

No, this would not be fatal if you are appropriately cautious. The Norco will last 4-6 hours, but by three hours, it is well past the peak levels. Taking Lunesta three hours after taking Norco can cause excessive drowsiness, but this would be OK since you are going to bed to sleep. If you were to try to perform activities that require alertness, such as driving, then the effect of the combination could be fatal. But if you go to sleep and remain asleep for the full night, there will typically not be an issue with taking the Norco three hours before taking the Lunesta. If an emergency arises in the middle of the night, then you should not drive.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome.

If we are done, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.