Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

This is something I have never experienced. I was sitting on

Customer Question
This is something I have...
This is something I have never experienced. I was sitting on couch, side-saddle style (both legs to side and most of my weight being supported by left hip or buttocks). When I went to move to stand up, I felt sharp intense paralyzing pain in my right leg so much so that I cannot straighten my knee. I can palpate the entire knee joint without pain. When I rub on hip, thigh and calf muscles I can feel radiating discomfort. The knee can bed closed very well without pain, but trying to go past a 90 degree straightened knee just is way painful and locks and won't budge (too painful). I think it's a mega whole leg cramp. Your thoughts?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: No swelling or redness. Trying to straighten knee elicits breath-taking pain.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Mess - anti-anxiety, and carvedilol for idiopathic v-tach that was studied and attempted ablation in 2000. It has not bothered me for years. Gastric sleeve 6 years ago - complete success.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
5/17/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

just click send to reply

Family Physician, Doctor