How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64628
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I have small bump on my shoulder looks like

This answer was rated:

Second opinion] I have small bump on my shoulder looks like pimple before I don't mind it now it's getting red and lil itchy and theres white on the top of the bump. And the side of the bump Feels warm. I had this for six months. Should I worry?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out.
Customer: Ok
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It looks like worse, like I said before it's not bothering me. I just noticed a week ago it's getting reddish and itchy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's on my shoulder now it's painful

Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you


That needs to be removed.

Have you shown it to your doctor?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not yet
What is this?

There are a number of possibilities.

dermatofibroma, for example and other benign lesions.

However, is can also be a basal cell carcinoma, which is harmless, as long as it is removed.

Only removal is going to clearly identify this.

Must, go to a dermatologist.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please click a positive rating at this point in time: a 5 rating will get me credited with justanswer, and I am happy to follow up with you as needed.

DrRussMD and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you