Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have a pain in between my breasts an not sure if I'm being

Customer Question

I have a pain in between my breasts an not sure if I'm being silly or not it originally started when I was about 20 weeks pregnant with my second child! He is now 15 months old an I still suffer with this pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: About 18 months Nothing it's not constant pain I keep think it is heart related
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I don't think so I am generally fit and well
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How old are you? How often do you get this pain? For what duration does the pain last? Is the pain increased when you do physical activity? Is it a burning type of pain? Does the pain reduce with pain relieving medications such as Tylenol? Is the pain associated with shortness of breath, sweating, awareness of heart beat, or nausea?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
30 years old depends really at least once a day! I don't think it's a burning pain feels like a pressure almost so hard to explain! I haven't tried any medication I just wait for it to pass! No it is not associated with those I can. Be sat completely still an get the pain

Dear customer,

thank you for the question.

Your pain is less likely to be due to a heart condition. A heart condition would have caused an intermittent pain that will last around 2 to 10 minutes. It will not cause a constant long lasting pain. A heart condition will cause a pain that increases on physical activity, and this pain will radiate to the neck, jaw, and arms. So, your pain is not typical of a heart condition. Also a heart problem will cause associated symptoms such as shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, dizziness, profuse sweating, belching, and awareness of heart beat. In absence of these symptoms a heart type of pain is unlikely.

So, I do think that your pain is likely to be a muscular pain, or due to costochondritis, or related to anxiety. You should have an electrocardiogram done to rule out any obvious heart condition. A normal electrocardiogram will also give you peace of mind, and make you more certain that this is not heart related.

Take care.

Did I answer your question?

Please reply.

Thank you.

Dear customer,

Do you have any more questions?

Did I answer your question?
Please reply.
Thank you.

Dear customer,

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Thank you.