How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had fever for 4 days. Rt armpit swollen glands.

Customer Question

I have had fever for 4 days. Rt armpit swollen glands. Received cut rt wrist 3 weeks ago . It got very red . I put antiobiotic cream on it and it healed but now rt arm pit lumphnodes painful swollen and fever of 102
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Rt wrist. Cut while picking up dog poop. I have had a recent ternuas 3 mo ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No very. Healthy . Normal mammogram 4 mo ago no isurence. This is a delicate dance. Need the right antiobiotic .
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry you are having fever

you could have a bad viral infection or influenza or mononucleosis which can cause fever and enlarged lymph nodes.

your cut right wrist could be infected as well

you need to see a doctor right away

you may need a course of antibitoics orally to fight an infection which can spread in your blood stream.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No this is localized swelling rt armpit only
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for nothing doc. I know I need antiobiotic WHICH ONE
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm. Or going to doctor . I wouldn't be texting you if I had insurance . Your useless rhetoric
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's a form of staph
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

a wound culture is need to know which antibiotic

you most likely need a broad spectrum antibiotic, an IV antibiotic like zosyn or vancomycin

these are given by vein at the hospital

you can see a doctor at a university hospital for treatment if you don't have insurance.

Related Medical Questions