Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I was diagnosed four years ago of having FAP- Gardners

Customer Question

I was diagnosed four years ago of having FAP- Gardners Syndrome variant. I have subsequently had IPAA surgery with a good outcome. The problem I have is the extracolonic features of my illness. During childhood I had dental cysts and neck syst removed, and my dentist discovered osteomas in my lower mandible. My concern now is mainly the four lumps on both upper arms because in the last two months both arms have become increasingly painful where they are situated. I have just had a clinition check these with US in which she said they appeared to be lipomas. I enquired as to whether they might be desmoids due to the increased pain and aching. I was told they looked like lipomas and then she said two of them were deeper inside the upper arm. Due to my condition and symptons should I question the clinicians diagnosis (they appeared not to know too much about desmoids. I first noticed these lumps three years ago, one year after my first lot of surgery.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: The pain started two months ago, coinciding with the lumps becoming painful when pressed. Both arms can become numb at times, specifically around the areas where the lumps are. My outer fingers get numb and tingly and my right elbow becomes painful with an inability to straighten it.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Apart from Gardners syndrome my medical history is unextraordinary.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DocNid replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting your query.

I am Dr.N and I am pleased to assist you

Expert:  DocNid replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to see those lumps or only feel them?
If you are able to see them, kindly post the pictures.