Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have urine that smells awful what would cause this? I have

Customer Question

I have urine that smells awful what would cause this?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have asked two doctors but they don't seem to do anything. It has been 6 mo. I take cymbalta and methotrexate. Have taken it for yrs and so don't think it is the meds. The smell is horrible. I drink lots of water.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have lupus
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately cymbalta is the drug that can cause foul smelling urine. I would recommend you to get a urine test and if there is no infection or any other abnormality then the drug is the most likely culprit.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.