Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I'm looking for a non-hype, non-advertisement comparison of

Customer Question

I'm looking for a non-hype, non-advertisement comparison of the most effective skin lotions / moisturizers / wrinkle minimizers for women in their 60s. I know WebMD can't endorse a product, but can it direct me to test results and medical studies/\? Thank you!
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Skin and nails are both getting thin. I'm taking Biotin each day, and I'm cleansing and moisturizing every night. However, I have a very expressive face, which means the muscles have established patterns of muscle strength and corresponding wrinkles. Does that help?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing relative to sensitivities or that sort of thing. I just had a wellness screening, and all values are in the good range, although the non-fasting total triglicerides was at 147, a little higher than I'm comfortable with. 5'3", 113 or so, HDL 2x the LDL (97 to 45), but not as active as I'd like to be -- an English teacher who grades way (!) too much, increasing the wrinkles due to puzzlement as I read. Not enough sleep or restful time in general. High-protein diet, with lots of egg whites, yogurt, and fruit / fresh veggies. and I still look my age (61). And all this is probably way too much information.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

this is a good medical article reviewing different categories of skin rejuvenating creams non prescription

it gives a lot of good pointers

and is written by plastic surgeons.

there are no medical studies which compare creams to show which one is better than others.

are you drinking enough water and fluids? this can help hydrate your skin

avoiding smoking and alcohol can help

regular exercise can help

I hope you don't smoke